- HIPAA – Patient Record Privacy. It’s a guideline for your office on following the correct procedures to ensure that your patient’s information is kept private.
- OSHA – This manual ensures that your office is fully compliant with occupational health and safety rules set forth by the Department of Labor. For example, exam Room Policy (i.e. how to clean up spills, dispose of needles, etc) Very important for risk management.
- Corporate Compliance – Simply stated, this manual is a guide on how to run your business. For example, how to bill and code correctly. Everything is run in accordance with the regulations set by the United States Government. Best thing for running a business. Should be reviewed by a labor attorney once it is customized to your practice.
- Employee Policy Manual – All of the office rules and regulations specific to that particular practice (Paid time off, lunch hours, computer policy, bereavement days…etc). This manual not only protects the physician as an owner, but it also keeps the staff in line when it comes office rules and conduct. Once tailored to your practice we do recommend that this manual also be reviewed and signed off on by a labor attorney, just stating that all of the federal rules and regulations as they pertain to certain sections (i.e. The Family Leave Act) are up to date.
- Office Policy and Procedures Manual – This manual is basically putting in writing job descriptions for each of your staff members, from start to finish it covers each persons daily tasks. The purpose of this manual is to minimize amount of time training replacements and/or new hires. It also includes clinical guides for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practioners.
- Administration Manuals – This is basically a binder that contains every contract and insurance policy the practice might have. From Malpractice, Business owners, EPLI, Shareholder agreements, buy sell agreements and leases. We suggest that you also scan the documents into a computer and then keep the binder off-site in case of emergency. This is something that you (or your staff) can prepare, we would be happy to review it to make sure it contains all the necessary documents.
If you don’t already have a Cyber Security or Cyber Liability policy, you likely don’t understand what it is or what it does for your business. The reason behind that is that most insurance professionals don’t understand it either.
“Cyber” is afforded lots of publicity through such notable hacking events as Target, Home Depot and even our last presidential election. All too many business owners assume that “it can’t happen to me”. In fact, over 40% of cyber attacks today, target small businesses.
Do you need cyber security insurance? If you have employees or customers or you use computers in the operation of your business, then you absolutely need the protection a cyber policy affords. Any number of the “circumstances” listed below could have a negative impact on your business.
Exposures to financial loss you are facing today:
- Employee Information
- Client Information
- Credit Card Information
- Online Payments
- Rogue Employee
- Former Employee
- Libel / Slander
- Online Sales
- Social Engineering
- Information sold on “Dark Web”
- Extortion / Ransomware
- Disposal of Equipment
- Indemnification Agreements
- Stolen Laptop / Tablet / Cell Phone
- PCI Compliance
- Missing Paper Files
We can help you eliminate the guesswork and provide an explanation of exactly how this will work for you.
Cyber Security Insurance you can understand.
We have been committed to providing financial protection to OBGYNs for over 20 years and have developed a program that makes our rates the most competitive in New Jersey. Our focus on group benefits has enabled us to provide significant savings for physicians and their practices.
There is no need to wait for your renewal date to begin to save money. It is easy to transfer your coverage midterm and we will assist you in the process for a seamless transition. Eliminate the uncertainty of premium spikes, take control of your expenses and reinforce the protection of your reputation with our exclusive risk management tools.
Below is a brief review of our member benefits:
- For full-time OBs – our premiums are the most competitive in the state, Coverages are underwritten by MdAdvantage, A-“ as rated by A.M. Best.
- For part-time OBs – we offer significantly reduced rates.
- Group protection: Our group protection strategy protects you from premium spikes by reducing the impact of individual claims
- Expanded coverage: Our clients can see obstetrical patients through to full-term
- Free options:
- Claims consultant available full-time
- Specialized consent forms
- $50,000 in coverage for RAC-Audit (MPAI) and HIPPA (PDS) coverage
- $50,000 in coverage for Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI)
We know your time is valuable so we’ve made it easy for you to request an accurate quote.
You can fill out a form online, you can call us at (973) 227-0025 and talk with one of our Malpractice Account Specialists, or you can receive a premium indication by completing this Quick Quote Form and faxing it to (973) 227-4026.